Yield: 8 triangles
Moist and buttery, not like typical dry scones!
2½ C Flour
1/3 C Sugar
2/3 T Baking Powder
1½ Stks. Butter (COLD, cubed)
½ tsp. Vanilla
½C Heavy Cream (more if needed) (reserve some for end)
1.5C Blueberries (Fresh or frozen, see tips below)
Pulse first 4 dry ingredients in the food processor just to mix.
Add COLD butter… Pulse 10 times.
Add heavy cream & vanilla, pulse and scrape down sides.
Pulse again and scrape till it forms in your hand.
Add Blueberries, pulse and scrape just to incorporate.
Flour hands and counter (batter may be sticky) press into a ball in your bowl then dump on floured counter.
Push the ball down into a 7 inch diameter, 1 inch high disk.
Cut into 8 equal triangles.
Place on a parchment lined sheet pan 1 inch apart.
Brush heavy cream on tops, sprinkle with a little sugar.
Bake 375° degrees on middle rack for 10 minutes then rotate and bake additional 10 minutes more till lightly brown.
* Cover with 1 C raisins with water, let sit covered for 10 mins. Strain
* Cover 1C cranberries with hot water, add zest of 1 orange. Strain
* Add ¼ cup of cocoa powder to flour, add 1 C choc. Chunks.
* Add 1C cubed strawberries w/ little sugar, add juice and less heavy.
* Peaches or Raspberries
* You can use frozen fruit just drain a little liquid, add a little more flour
* You can FREEZE this dough right after you form it into a disk. Double
wrap in plastic wrap for 2-4 months.